Chilli Crab - CIK MIL MILA

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Chilli Crab

My husband and I love Chilli Crab very much. Every time we went back to our hometown at Kota Tinggi, we never missed to go to Teluk Sengat Seafood Restaurant to ‘pekena’ the Chilli Crab. The taste was marvellous and the price was reasonable. We remember having nasi putih, siakap sweet sour, kangkung belacan, butter prawn, chilli crab and Chinese tea only at RM 70++. Cheap I can say, comparing the price at Klang Valley (which I always complained the taste is not up to my expectation).

Here you are. Since dah few months we all tak balik kampung, I tried to prepare the chilli crab myself. Searching the recipe through the net, I manage to prepare the Chilli Crab.





Chilli Crab


Ingredients

1 Kg Soft Shell Crab



2 long red chillies
3 tablespoons grinded dried red chillies
2 teaspoons shrimp
1 stalk lemongrass
1 inch fresh galangal
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 red shallots
3 cloves garlic
1 spring onions
1 inch fresh ginger

1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon chilli sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
salt to taste



Method


1.Roughly chopped



2.Blend all the ingredients
3. Heat oil in the wok
4. Fried all the blended ingredients
5. Stir fry till fragrant
6. Add soft shell crab
7.Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 10 minutes
8. Add all the sauces, sugar and salt to taste
9. Break egg into the wok and streak with a fork, simmer till cooked.
10. Serve immediately.


Ready to eat


Out of 5, my husband gave me only 4.25.
But he ate a lot
Proud that I could cook, and I concluded that my first attempt was a success. Hoorayyy!!!

2 comments: