Sambal Udang & Mix Vege Soup for Dinner - CIK MIL MILA

Friday, November 26, 2010

Sambal Udang & Mix Vege Soup for Dinner

I managed to cook dinner yesterday. Simple yet yummylicious (betul ke eja ni). My menu Sambal Udang  and Mix Vege Soup (my version). This time, I don’t use the instant chilli boh but I used the dried chilli and make the paste myself. Sound fussy but not for me. In my family, we hardly use chilli boh sold at sundry shop or supermarket. We prefer blended it ourselves. I noticed the home made chilli boh makes tastier sambal, compared to the instant one and less spicy.

Sambal Udang

Sambal Udang Recepi

Ingredients

500gm prawn
Cooking oil
2 cups water
Tamarind juice
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
1 onion

Spice Paste
15 dried chillies (pitted and bring to boil)
3 shallots
3 clove garlic

Method
Combine all spice paste in food processor and blend well. Put some cooking oil to blend the chilli seed (finely). Heat up cooking oil, add in the blended spice paste and fry until fragrant. Add in water; bring it to boil for about 10 minutes till the pecah minyak. Put in salt, sugar and tamarind juice to taste. Add the prawn and sliced onion. Stir fry till the prawn cooked. Ready to serve.

Mixed Vege Soup


Mix Vege Soup

Ingredients

Half pot water
1 slice chicken breast
1 potato
1 carrot
Cabbage
Soh hoon
'Tauhu kering'
2 shallots
2 clove garlic
Salt and seasoning to taste.

Method
Crush the garlic and shallot. Add in to the pot with water. Bring to boil. Add in the potato and chicken till tender. Add carrot, cabbage soh hoon, 'tauhu kering' and chinese parsley. put salt and seasoning to taste. Serve while hot.
Nurin & Alya having dinner @ their dining table.

No comments: